What is PayU Payments Plugin for MS Excel?
Payments Plugin is an industry first MS-Excel add-in to accept payments right from your Excel sheet! You can create, send and manage payment link(s) without logging into any Business Dashboards or integrating any APIs with your system.
2. Click on download button for Windows 7
3. You need to have .Net framework 4.5 or above & MS Visual Studio 2010 installed in your system to be able to use the plugin. You can check that in the Control Panel.
4. If you don’t have .NET framework 4.5 or above then you can either install from this link or the one just above the download button.
5. You will get redirected to the Microsoft Page from where you can download the .NET framework. Click on Download and install it just like any other software.
6. Similarly, If you don’t have MS Visual Studio, 2010 Tools for Office Runtime, you can either install from this link or the one mentioned just above the download button.
7. You will get redirected to the Microsoft Page from where you can download the MS Visual Studio 2010. Click on Download and install it just like any other software.
8. If you have all the per-requisites installed, click on Download Plugin for Windows 7 button to download a file named PayU Payments for MS Excel.msi
9. Make sure, all the Excel Workbooks are closed. Double click the .msi file & click on Next
10. Select ‘I agree’ for the Terms & Conditions and then press Next.
11. Click on Next
12. Click on next again
13. The installation progress bar appears. Wait for a couple of seconds and the system will show a pop asking whether you want to install the plugin.
14. The plugin will get installed in a couple of seconds.
Note: If you have MS Excel 2013 or 2016; You will be asked to install the add-in inside the Excel. Click install.
1. If you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 system, you don’t need to check whether the pre-requisite software are installed or not.
2. Here, we are using Windows 10 as this is widely used and is the latest OS. Click on Download the smart Plugin for Windows 8 & above button to download a file named PayU Payments for MS Excel.exe. You will be asked whether you want to save the file. Click Save.
3. Make sure, all the Excel Workbooks are closed. Double click the .exe file. For Windows 10, you might get the following prompt. This will not appear in Windows 8 or 8.1
4. Click on More Info and then press Run Anyway
5. If the system does not have a pre-requisite, the set up auto-detects it, downloads and install it.
6. Here, it is detected that the MS Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime is not installed. Thus, the set up asks for accepting the license agreement for the requirement. Click on Accept.
7. The set up starts downloading it. Do not press Cancel here.
8. Once the pre-requisite is downloaded, the system asks for the permission to install it.
9. Click Yes. The installation process starts and the pre-requisites are installed.
10. Once completed, the Windows asks for permission to install the plugin.
11. Click Run and its starts to the plugin installation process.
12. Click on Next
13. Select ‘I agree’ for the Terms & Conditions and then press Next.
14. Click on Next
15. Click on Next again
16. The installation progress bar appears. Wait for a couple of seconds and the system will show a pop asking whether you want to install the plugin.
17. The plugin will get installed in a couple of seconds.
18. Voila! The installation is complete. You can open a New Excel Sheet & start using the plugin for payment collection.
Note: If you have MS Excel 2013 or 2016; You will be asked to install the add-in inside the Excel. Click install.
To start using the Plugin, register once with PayU from MS Excel itself. This will help you to become a registered business with PayU and start getting payments in your bank account
1. Click on “PayU Invoice” tab in any MS Excel sheet and then on “Register” button.
If you are an existing PayUmoney/ PayUnow merchant:
2 (a). Enter your registered “Business email id” with PayUmoney/PayUnow
3 (a). Enter the “OTP”, which you will receive in your registered email Id and mobile number, as the registration code. Note that this OTP is valid only for 5 minutes
That’s it, you can now start creating, sending and managing payment links, all from your Excel.
If you are a new merchant to PayU eco-system:
2 (b). Enter your “Business email id” to create a new merchant account
3 (b). Enter your “mobile number” and a “name”. Note that this name will be used for collecting payments from your customers. In case, you give the name as “XYZ Pvt Ltd.”, the payment links sent to your customers will be as such: “XYZ Pvt Ltd. has requested Rs. 5000 for December month’s Flat Rent. Please pay using this link https://pmny.in/hmvfjfsf6mfj”
4 (b). Enter the “OTP”, which you will receive in your registered email Id and mobile number, as the registration code. Note that this OTP is valid only for 5 minutes
That’s it, you can start creating, sending and managing payment links, all from your Excel
Please note that to receive customer payments into your bank account, you need to complete the onboarding process by logging into ‘PayUnow Dashboard’ and verifying your bank account. Learn how to link and verify your bank account with PayUnow here.
Creating new payment links:
Once you completed the registration successfully, the “Create New Invoice Sheet” button is enabled.
1. Click on that button to open a new Excel workbook with 2 sheets, “Add New Invoice” and “Invoice Status”
2. Enter the details of one or more customers. You will find Customer Name, Customer Email, Customer Mobile Number, Product/Service Description, Amount to be collected, and Set expiry date (for the payment links)
3. Now, click on “Send Invoices” button to send the payment links to your customers via email or SMS or both
4. Once the payment links are sent successfully, the “Add New Invoice” sheet becomes empty for further use and that details are captured in “Invoice Status” sheet
- “Invoice Status” is a locked screen and you will not be able to make any changes on this sheet
- The fields marked with an * are mandatory
- Enter either one of the two contact details, mobile number/email id
- Check out “How to fill in details while creating Payment Links” for know-how
Synchronizing/Updating Payment Status:
After sending the payment links, click on the “Invoice Status” sheet to find two buttons enabled, “Sync Status” and “Resend Unpaid Invoices”
5. Click the “Sync Status” button to get a “Date filter” pop up. Here, select the date range from which you want an update on the payment details
6. Now, the selected payment links are refreshed with their payment statuses.
7. If the status is “Paid”, then your customer has made a payment and the money will appear in your PayUmoney/PayUnow Dashboard
- If the status is “Unpaid”, then your customer has not yet made a payment
- If the status is “Unpaid and Expired”, then you customer has not made payment and a new payment link has to be created as the old one got expired
Resend Payment Links:
You can send a gentle reminder to those customers who have not made their payments
8. Click on “Resend Unpaid Invoices” to resend all the Unpaid payment links to the same channel (SMS or email or both) provided before
While entering your customer details, make sure they are according to these rules mentioned below:
– Must be alphabetic
– Only spaces and dots allowed in case of alphanumeric digits
Customer Email Id:
– Must be a valid email ID to send your invoice
– Must be a ten-digit mobile number
– Must be only numeric
– The phone number should not start with any of the following: 0,1,2,3,4,5
– Must not be more than 40 characters
– Unicode values not supported
Amount to be collected:
– Must not have more than 2 decimal places
– Must not have alphanumeric values except one decimal point
– Must be in DD-MM-YYYY format. For example: 04-05-2019
While registering with PayU Payments Plugin, what should I do if I don’t receive the OTP/registration code?
Please recheck your registered mobile and email for the 6-digit OTP/registration code. In case you did not receive the OTP in any medium, close the registration pop up and click on “Register” tab to begin the registration again. Note that the OTP is valid only for 5 minutes. If your issue is still not resolved, please contact at PayUmoney Support
I am new to PayU. I registered with “PayU Payments Plugin For MS Excel”. Now, what should I do to start accepting payments in my bank account?
As soon as you register with “PayU Payments Plugin For MS Excel” by entering your “business email id”, “mobile number” and “name” you become a PayUnow merchant. Now, to start accepting payments in your bank account:
- Login to the PayUnow Dashboard
- Enter your PAN, bank and business details
- Link your bank account with PayUnow (which takes max 2 minutes)
- Start accepting payments into your bank account
How can I view the transaction details of all the payment links I sent?
Go to either PayUmoney or PayUnow Dashboard > click “Transaction tab” > find the transaction details of all the payment links.
Can I add or move fields in the “Add New Invoice” sheet?
PayU Payments template does not support any additional fields that you might enter. If you move any of the fields, the “PayU Payments Plugin” may not function correctly. Also, note that the “Invoice Status” sheet is locked and it cannot be edited as well.
What if I don’t fill out an optional field in the “Add New Invoice” sheet?
If you do not fill out an optional field in the “Add New Invoice” sheet that field will not be displayed in the “Invoice Status” sheet corresponding to the payment link.
Is there any limit for creating payment links?
There is a limit of 300 payment links creation at one go, as of now. However, if you need to create more, you can add customer data in the batch size of 300.
What is the default expiry time of a payment link if I don't set the expiry date in the last column?
The default expiry time of a payment link is 45 days from the date of its creation.
Whenever I try to set the expiry date in DD-MM-YYYY format, it gets changed to MM-DD-YYYY format. What should I do?
This is because the MS Excel takes the Windows system format which is by default set as per US region. Go to Control Panel and set the region of the Date & Time as India.
Can I sort or filter the payment link details in the “Invoice Status” sheet?
Yes, you can filter the payment link details based on the column headers. Sorting feature is not available as of now.
If I delete the existing PayU Payments MS Excel sheet and create a new one, will I be able to view my previously created payment links in the same sheet?
No, you will not be able to synchronize or track the payment links created on the earlier Excel sheet. In case, you want to track those payment links you will have to login to your PayUmoney/ PayUnow Dashboard.
Can a single merchant install plugin in multiple desktops for multiple users?
Yes. PayU Payments Plugin For MS Excel is supported on multiple systems for a single merchant.
Do I have to save the Excel sheet after I create the payment links?
Yes. If you don’t save, all the data related to your payment link creation will get lost just like any other Excel data.
Can I resend unpaid invoices selectively?
No. All unpaid invoices will get re-sent through their respective channels (SMS/Email/Both)when you click Resend Unpaid Invoices.
If multiple users of a single merchant are using the plugin, will each user be able to view each other’s payment link details?
No, the payment link details are restricted to the respective systems. For example, if a merchant has two users (named, A & B respectively) creating payment links for him; “User A” will not be able to see the payment link details of User B and vice versa. However, the merchant can login to the Dashboard to view all the transactions and payment link details of all the users. It has a built-in Access Control.
Can I share the payment links via other channels like Facebook or WhatsApp other than SMS or Email?
Yes, you can share the payment links from the “Invoice Status” by copy-pasting them in any of the channels.